Thursday, January 16, 2014

Happy Birthday

            It's hard to believe I've been blogging for a year already. It's true what people say about time going by faster when you have kids. Coincidentally my "blogiversary" is on the 17th, which happens to be 3 days after my birthday, so I thought I would do a little reflection post.
 Hubby and I on my...23rd birthday? Crap. I'm getting so old I'm losing track already. ;)

            First of all, sorry I don't have any fun, special giveaway or event for you guys. I tried, but I suck. Sorry. However, if you haven't seen or entered already, Krista at Savory Savings and Gloriously Green Gal is hosting a giveaway for some of our Cottage in the Woods Co. bath products. You can click HERE for your chance to enter to win a lemongrass shampoo bar and bath fizzies and body wash in your choice of scent!

            I originally started this blog to share consolidated information on cloth diapering for beginners, ideas on DIY items to save a buck and live "greener", and also keep myself sane while being a sahm. Happily, I don't think I've strayed too far from my main points. ;) I may not be the biggest or fanciest looking blog out there, but I enjoy researching for some of my posts, venting a little to people who understand some of my frustrations with life in general, and, or course, interacting with all of you. :)
            What will GGWB's second year have in store? Your guess is as good as mine. lol I have been tossing around a slight name change for the blog for several months now to incorporate all of the crafty stuff I enjoy doing as well. Other than that, you can probably look forward to many of the same things you've seen this year.
            On a personal level, even with a new baby, this has been a relatively "quiet" year. I think it's the first year that hubby and I haven't moved AT ALL since we've been together, thank friggin' God! Moving is so overrated, am I right? I did manage to burn through 2 jobs, which I learned some new things about myself from. It's good to be aware of our own faults, right?
           I'm sure I'm not the only one who goes through this, but I'm still trying to figure out what the hell happened to the last 9 years. Yes, NINE. That's how many years it's been since I graduated high school this year. How is that possible?!
 Me right after graduation. I would kill to look like this again!

            This year I am hoping to make lots of positive changes in my life. Like, REALLY going to try, not just say it and never make the effort. That is my biggest problem. I have plenty of motivation to change certain things, I just need to stop being so lazy and get the will power to do it and stick with it!
            Sorry if this post is kind of all over the place. To wrap up, I just want to thank all of you for sticking around, keeping me sane, and giving me new ideas. Cheers to another year. :)

 

4 comments:

  1. make short term goals for the year, its easier to keep them, and will help your motivation!

    ps... i cant handle the cuteness of the first photo in your header <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on one year of blogging! That's awesome and a huge achievement.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! This is a huge milestone.

    ReplyDelete