Sunday, January 19, 2014

30 Day Honey Challenge-Day 2

 
            Welcome back! Today we're adding nutmeg to the mix! I'm going to strive to keep these updates as short as possible, so if you're just joining us for the first time, you can read what the 30 Day Honey Challenge is all about HERE.
            As I mentioned in the intro post, I'm going to be adding nutmeg every other day because it is said to be especially helpful for acne, which you'll see I have plenty of. :( (It's also used as a natural exfoliator.) I am interested to see if this will help decrease the redness most of all.
            You'll also see in the pictures that my jawline and neck are especially bad. Evidently my biggest problem, according to my husband, is that I pick at it while I'm really into reading something. To be honest, I don't even realize I'm doing it most of the time. I thought he was full of crap when he told me about the first time. It makes sense, though, as bad as it is. So, for the honey to hopefully work it's magic, I'm making a conscious effort to NOT pick at myself. Kind of defeats the purpose if I keep irritating my skin, huh?
            I'm not sure yet if I'll do this format for the pictures on every update, but let's see how it goes.
Before washing
 Left: Just a dash of nutmeg. Probably could have used a bit more. This was also slightly too much honey, but not by much.
Right: Honey face! (Btw, I've heard some people b!%ch that the only drawback of using honey on your face is that it gets melty when it's warm and starts running. Maybe I'm a cold, walking corpse and don't know it, but I haven't had this problem...at all. I say if you do, you probably don't have very good quality honey or you're putting WAY too much on! But that's just my opinion.
 About 5-10 minutes after I washed the honey off with a wet rag. I gave my face time to chill out from the scrubbing. I'm not expecting overnight results, although wouldn't that be nice? ;) Plus, with most skin care products, keep in mind your face is probably going to get worse before it gets better as the bad oils, toxins, nasty little dirt particles, etc. are pulled to the surface. 

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm glad I'm not the only "weirdo" interested in slathering honey all over my face. ;) lol Honestly, though, I really do hope it helps. I'll try anything at this point in my life.

      Delete