Monday, June 11, 2018

This Isn't "Goodbye", It's "See You Later"...


            Hey folks! I'm lacking the words (and time. Always with the time!) to east into this, so I'll just cut right to the chase: I have decided to quit blogging for an undetermined amount of time. It could be a few months, it could be a few years. I don't know. I do know that I need a break. I seriously need to cut some added stress out of my life right now, and blogging is the quickest and easiest one. Plus, I would be lying if I said I hadn't tossed around the idea before.
            I would also be lying if I said I had thought this decision over carefully. I didn't. I was having a particularly bad day recently and felt like I was having some kind of breakdown. I want and need more time with my kids and to get more done around the house and farm. I need to focus more on planning homeschool activities. I need more time for myself. I knew something that wasn't completely necessary had to go. Immediately. Before I go insane.
            Now that we have three kids, I NEED "me time" after the kids go to bed...And NOT spend catching up on blog promotion threads on Facebook. As much as I love writing, blogging is just not worth my time or effort any more. I spend more time than I like on the computer. My blog post views have dropped significantly since one of the main groups I participated in on Facebook stopped doing threads. Like I told my husband, if I were making more (or any, right now) money off of blogging, it might be different. But I'm not, and the time I put into my blog compared to how many views (or lack thereof) I've been getting is disheartening, to say the least.
So with that, I bid you adieu...For now. ;)

Lucy At Home UK parenting blogger
ethannevelyn.com

56 comments:

  1. I have done the same thing lately. I am posting maybe once a week. I would rather spend more time with my three kiddos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen! It's just way too much work with a new baby and having to get more serious about homeschool work on top of that. I do love writing and have so many ideas for posts right now, but I just don't have the time. Plus...I miss reading. I was thinking the other day, "What will I do after the kids go to bed if I'm not working on the computer? Wait a minute. I'll do lots and lots of reading!" :D

      Delete
  2. Enjoy the time with your family. Time flies and the kids grow so fast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really respect you for making that decision and hope more so as I think blogging can end up making us slaves to it when the blog should always serve us really. There are seasons to blogging and you may be back or not. What matters is that you focus on making great memories for yourself and your family. Memory-making is all that matters in the end. #FabFridayPost

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no! What a difficult decision to have to make. There have been so many days when I've considered doing this too (I'm not very good at doing "enough" - I either need to be all in, or cut it out completely). I hope that this move helps you to feel less stressed and get the time back that you desire. #blogcrush

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww... Alicia we will missed you. I have actually been doing the same. With the sun coming out, I've been spending more time in the garden and ding gardening than blogging. It really is such a great medication. No stress involve. See you then Alicia. Would love to catch up with you again when you are ready to blog again. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Excellent your blog post. we are providing the best high-quality image manipulation service.
    image manipulation service

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice post.Keep sharing. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Who sang when you said goodbye?
    Who sang Never going to say goodbye?
    P.R.O.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You made some respectable factors there.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I seemed on the web for the issue and found most people will go along with together with your website.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very nice article and straight to the point.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for getting me back into the reading again.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Incredibly useful and detailed information.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very nice article, it helps me a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi there, after reading this remarkable paragraph i am too happy to share my experience here with friends.

    ReplyDelete
  17. It wasn’t until today that your website was able to save you the trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Interesting post. I Have Been wondering about this issue, so thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I read a lot more here, Please do keep up the excellent job

    ReplyDelete
  20. Nice post. It’s always interesting to read articles here.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Always Fabuluos to read articles here. you really great

    ReplyDelete
  22. Look forward to seeking more of this fantastic post. Thanks for this!

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is very interesting article and effective dude. Thankyou

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your style is so unique. I’ve enjoyed read stuff here.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Excellent Post as always and you have a great post thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  26. ’m looking for what you share. gave me a great lot of information.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great post ! I am pretty much pleased with this good post. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  28. Excellent post. I was always check this blog, and I’m impressed. Greatjob!

    ReplyDelete
  29. That’s quite helpful and interesting. Thanks for sharing this quality stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Your article has answered the question I was wondering about!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thanks for such a good articles it really helped me after reading your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  32. I appreciate your quality stuff, that was really so useful and informative.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Thank you for this great blog. this is here, the few months

    ReplyDelete


  34. Fantastic article. I like your writing style. It’s inspiring and I am truly grateful for the writing style

    ReplyDelete

  35. Perhaps delving deeper into your blog could add another layer to your already insightful piece.

    ReplyDelete