Monday, July 7, 2014

4th of July Fair=Crapfest


            So...As some of you may have read on Friday's post, I went to our very first craft fair for our Cottage in the Woods Co store...and it was a TOTAL let down. Majorly disappointing would be a slight understatement. There were plenty of people there...but it was in a small town (even less than Tipton where I live!) and I got the distinct impression that a lot of people didn't even so much as glance at my booth just for the fact that they didn't know me.
            Lucky me, my aunt in-law (who sells handmade jewelry that she and my mother in-law make) registered both of us kind of late (not her fault, really) AND the three booths spaces next to mine were no shows, so I was stuck right on the end of the line of vendors. :/ I'm sure that didn't help my case either...even though everyone and their brother walked by there after the parade was over. What can you do? It was just a weird and disappointing day.
            The next day (Saturday) was my first time at the Tipton farmers market and it didn't go much better. However, I was kind of expecting that being a holiday weekend and all. I did sell a few things, so I shouldn't complain too much, right? ;) It was also nice because I was set up next to another chick close to my age who happened to have a son close to Myka's age AND it was her first time there too, so it was nice to have someone to talk to...especially since I forgot to take a book or something else to keep me occupied! lol
            Other than that I had a pretty enjoyable 4th of July weekend, despite the fact that I absolutely hate fireworks. This was the first year for a long time that I didn't have to go see any! Myka doesn't like them either, so I have a legitimate excuse...for now. Only time will tell if the Owen blood will take over and turn her into a pyromaniac like the rest of them. God help us all...
            How was your 4th of July weekend? How was the fireworks show in your town? Did you do anything exciting?

No comments:

Post a Comment