Friday, July 25, 2014

I Got a Job!!!


            As some of you may know, the main reason I moved back to Indiana before my husband is so that I could start job hunting and working sooner. I haven't had a "real job" in over a year now, so it wasn't as if anything was "tying me down" when it came to that. Well, I'm happy to say that I finally got a job!...
            ...Assuming I don't carry TB. lol I will be working at a nursing home, so I can understand why that would be a major concern. I actually need to stop back by tomorrow to have my TB test "read". (aka Someone will look at my arm where they did the "test" at to see if I had a reaction or not. The things you learn with new jobs sometimes, hmm?)
            While it may not be glamorous or exciting, necessarily, I think a switch from my "normal line of work" will be just what I need. I used to be a people person (or so plenty of friends and family told me), but I feel like I have overstayed my welcome in the customer service industry, if you catch my drift. As I'm sure many of you can relate, working in the customer service industry can burn you on people in general. I am no exception.
            While yes, I will still have to work with people, of course, and possibly cantankerous ones at that, I won't be working with the public constantly, which I think will be a breath of fresh air. Even though I won't be providing direct care like a nurse, I still look forward to getting to know the residents. I have thought for awhile that a job with the young or elderly would suit me well.
            How do I feel about leaving Myka? Honestly, I am still ready to have some more time away from her. You know what they say: Absence makes the heart grow fonder. lol Plus, it actually works out pretty well because I will only be working part time at first, so we will both have time to adjust to the change. I will say, although I think it will do us both good to be apart from each other some, it still breaks my heart leaving her and seeing her stand at the door and bawl...Even though everyone tells me that lasts all of two seconds after I leave. lol
            So, with all of that being said, don't be surprised if things are still a little out of whack around here. To be honest, I'm amazed that I've kept up this well so far!
            Have any of you gone back to work after staying home for an extended period of time? How did you handle it?

No comments:

Post a Comment