Monday, November 11, 2013

No More BLT Weekly Updates (BLT)

            If you’ve read any of my BLT (Baby Learning Time) posts in the past, you may have noticed I used to try to do weekly updates at first. You may have also noticed that I did about 3 or 4 of those updates and stopped. Lol For anyone might be wondering what happened to them, here is a little update on updates. (hee hee)
            At this point in time, it is all I can do to get through most days without wanting to pull my hair out, bang my head against a wall, or hide in a corner and cry. I know what some of you are probably thinking: Didn’t I just read a post about how you’re thinking about when to have your next baby? Yes. But it’s true what people say. It’s TOTALLY different when it’s your own kid. And quite frankly, my kid is awesome.
            I still try to do some “fun extra things” with them each day, but not to the extent that I was. Mostly just story time and puppets. (Myka loves her some puppets!) Since my last update, I have turned into a human jungle gym for use by BOTH kids. I have to admit just that alone is mentally exhausting for me because I don’t really like being hung all over. It’s teaching me to be more patient, though, because I rather them use me to stand up than something hard they can bump their noggin on when they fall. Actually, this really only applies to L, but I will get to that.
            Even though Myka is all over the house, and I let her within reason, she’s not really any more trouble than she was, even though she’s pulling up and cruising along furniture some too. Why? Because she’s a girl. She’s a dainty little flower. She is careful. I could count on both hands the number of times she has fallen and hurt herself or bumped her head. L, on the other hand…
            L just turned 8 months old. He just started crawling on his hands and knees less than 2 weeks ago, but he’s already pulling up on his knees and even trying to stand! Although we should all be happy, he scares the absolute hell out of everyone. Why? His balance is not very good…at all. The kid hasn’t even learned to sit up on his own and still topples over sometimes when you do have him sitting! So, since he is always trying to climb on and up things, work has been a little nerve wracking. It’s not a matter of IF he will fall over, it’s WHEN. I’m quickly learning the differences between the way boys and grils act. L has no fear or just plain doesn’t know any better or care. Something. I would feel a lot better if they would strap some mini football pads and a helmet on him. Lol

            So, that’s why I haven’t been and probably will no longer be doing any BLT weekly updates. I will still definitely be adding fun posts on crafts and activities to do with your kiddies on here, though. Let’s be honest: Those are more interesting anyways. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment