Monday, June 2, 2014

Update 6/2/14-Slight Change of Plans...


            So, as you may have seen on my posts last week, we have finally decided to move! Besides not liking it here for the majority of the time we've lived here, we're just not getting anywhere we want/ahead, so to speak, while here. So, we've decided to move back to Indiana where we're both from originally in an attempt to save money and actually be around people who care about us.
            Just our luck, though, we've already had a change of plans. But, I guess that's what we get for jumping into big decisions, huh? Does anyone else have this problem? We put our house on the market less than 2 weeks after we made our decision. While we have no plans on taking it off, it turns out we're probably not going to be able to move as soon as we would like after all.
            We had originally hoped to move sometime in July. I have a bad habit of not thinking ALL things through when making big, sudden, life changing decisions: this case being no different. We had planned on moving whether our house had sold or not...but I didn't think about just how many BILLS we would still have...not to mention we wouldn't have jobs and who knows how long that will take. I know. Totally stupid oversight on my part, right? *sigh*...
            I am not a patient person at all (although my daughter is certainly trying to teach me quickly by her "toddlerness" lol) and I am ready to leave NOW (hell, we've already started packing), so our not leaving as quickly as we had planned or liked has really put a damper on my mood lately. I'm still trying to stay somewhat optimistic that either the house will sell quicker than we think or my husband will get one of the MUCH better paying jobs he applied for at the VA hospital in Indy.
            Basically, I'm just anxious to feel like we're on track again. It will be nice to be close to family again, of course, but our main goal is to save money for long enough to move somewhere we REALLY like. To be honest, we barely scrape by here since I'm not working. Even if I wanted to, it's pointless. The types of jobs I'm, er, "qualified" for don't exactly pay enough to make it worth my time and pay a babysitter. Not to mention people are SO FLAKY around here when it comes to babysitting! I have come to not trust anyone around here to watch my daughter (except one lady who is too expensive for me) so I will be happy to let family members babysit her for free or cheap while I work...Even if I'm a little scared to go back to a "real" job. It's been almost a year!
            Other than that, I'd like to get on the whole baby making thing again. Sorry if that's a little "too open", but in my opinion, once you have kids you lose all sense of modesty. Or at least most of it. ;) But yah. It's funny how life never usually works out how you WANT it to because I'm trying to figure out how I'm 27 years old and don't have at least 2 or 3 kids by now and be done with it like I wanted to. I know I'm still "young", but I don't want to be 40 (or even 35 for that matter) and still popping out kids. Just my personal choice/preference.
            Well, I think that's enough "venting" (that's a nice way to put it, don't you think?) for now. Wish us luck (or winning lottery numbers ;) ). What issues have you had with moving in the past?

No comments:

Post a Comment