Thursday, February 6, 2014

CHOP Pill Cutter Review

Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial.
             Hey folks! Judging from the title of this post, you guys may be wondering why I chose to do a review about a pill chopper since it's pretty far from what I normally do reviews on. Well, I have a little secret. I am an absolutely TERRIBLE pill taker. I have been for as long as I can remember. While these days I tend to steer clear of pills whenever I can, there are occasions that still call for it.
            Pretty much any pill I take, no matter how big or small, I either break it in half or chew it up. (Or both. Yuck, right?) When I saw this CHOP pill cutter from Sabi, I knew I just had to try it out. After all, who doesn't like trying new things to make their lives easier, right?
 Works best with oblong (like my tylenol in the picture below) and circular pills, but will not be nearly as accurate with spherical ones.

            This pill chopper is a simple little device, as you'll see from the pictures. You simply align your pill to where it will be chopped in half, thirds, or however you want it, put the lid down, press down with your palm, and voila!
 It's nice and small so you can take it on the go if need be.
            I have to admit, it was a lot easier to get the pill to break in half than I thought it would. I have used pill grinders in the past and they are a pain in the rear end. With the Sabi CHOP I only had to press down very lightly and briefly to cut the pill in half. I was expecting to have to put my whole weight on the thing just for it to work.
            Another nice thing about the CHOP aside from it being easy to use is that the cut is nice and clean. If you've every tried to break a pill in half, you'll know that 1) It's usually not broken evenly and 2) You end up with jagged little edges sometimes, which doesn't exactly feel great if it goes down your throat funny.
            As a side note, if you're not already aware, please keep in mind it's not a good idea to cut time release pills in half. This can have negative consequences.
             Sabi makes other nifty pill related products too to help keep your daily vitamin regimen etc. organized as well as walking canes. You can get to know more about this company through their blog page HERE and also find them on Facebook and Twitter.

 
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment