Sunday, December 1, 2013

Holiday Sensory Box (BLT)


            Hey folks! You may remember me making a Fall Sensory Box a couple of months ago. Well, since Myka seems to think they're as fun as I do, I decided to make a Holiday one as well! I didn't really want to call it a Christmas one to 1) Be politically correct and 2) I'm hoping to add more "winter in general" type items to it if I find or make any, like snowflakes of some sort. But, that's not really of importance. I just felt like sharing. ;) 
            Anyways, I'm not going to go into all the details like I did with the Fall one. If you'd like to read more about sensory boxes, you can check out my Fall Sensory Box post HERE. Just for fun, I will share with you what is in our Holiday box so far:

-Pom pom balls...Lots and LOTS of pom pom balls. This kid LOVES them!
-Jingle bells (We got the big ones on the off chance she does try to stick one in her mouth.)
-Mini presents
            Like I said, I'm hoping to get some sort of snowflakes, snowmen, and whatever else I can think up to add to it soon. Just use your imagination and most importantly, MAKE SURE IT'S CHILD APPROPRIATE. Just because one kid can play with pom poms without trying to eat them or shove them up his nose or God knows what else, doesn't mean that your child won't. You know your child(ren) better than anyone else. These boxes are loads of fun for young children to play with, just make sure the items are safe first and foremost. ;) 
Case in point: These little mini presents seemed like a fun idea in theory. This is the second one she has torn apart in the picture above. Usually she's very delicate with things, so the thought of her picking them apart didn't even cross my mind. However, I took the styrofoam square on the inside away, but let her play with the "wrapping paper" which she seems to enjoy more than anything else at the moment. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment