Monday, December 23, 2013

Yummy Yogurt Toddler Treat

            Hey folks! I'm continuing the baby food theme somewhat today. I felt like sharing this because 1) I am always seeing new yogurt "smoothies" in pouches marketed for toddler and kid snacks at the store and 2) who couldn't use something different to mix their kids meals up with, right? (This would make a yummy, healthy snack or breakfast for an adult too!) So, before you buy those seemingly convenient smoothie pouches the next time you're at the store, don't! Buy these four ingredients instead (you get more for your money anyways):
-plain, all natural yogurt (we get Dannon)
-oats
-fruit of your choice (apples/applesauce and bananas are great)
-cinnamon
-fruit juice (optional)

            This "recipe" isn't an exact science, so that's why I've included pictures. It's all about personal preference too, of course. Just add the yogurt, oats, and fruit to whatever size bowl or container you want (this one pictured is 8 oz.), sprinkle some cinnamon on top (cinnamon makes everything better in my opinion), and mix it up!

            Myka loves this! (Which is saying something since she is SO picky about textures.) It has really helped her get more used to chunky food too. In case you're wondering about the optional fruit juice, we add prune or apple juice sometimes if it seems too thick. (Yes, we use REAL, 100% fruit juice. Not that sorry excuse flavored sugar water they label as fruit juice.) For the fruit, we're usually lazy and use applesauce or bits of banana.
            One of my favorite things about this is it's quick and easy to mix up the night before or in the morning. It can be hard finding quick, healthy options for breakfast. What is your (or your children's) favorite breakfast food?

22 comments:

  1. i gained information to each and everyone here on your site. Just keep on going dude.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your post got my attention and shows me different perception for how we should boost our site.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a really perfect for a new blogger like me who doesn’t want their site to be messy

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was very easy to find my way around and very user friendly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good job to your designer and dev of your site. I hope your rate was doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent and very exciting site. Love to watch. Keep Rocking.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Some truly choice articles on this site, saved to favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I besides conceive thus, perfectly pent post!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thankyou for this marvellous post, I am glad I found this web site on yahoo.

    ReplyDelete
  10. But wanna comment that you have a very decent web site, I love the layout it really stands out.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Veryy well-written. I am really thankful for sharing your quality words with us.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Its an amazing website, I really enjoy reading your articles.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such an amazing and helpful post. I really really love it

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like it when people get together and share views. Great website.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks a lot for sharing! Feel free to visit my website

    ReplyDelete
  16. woooow, amazing blog to read, thanks for sharing, and move on. finally

    ReplyDelete
  17. finally i found best reading blog site in google, thanks

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for sharing this amazing article.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am really grateful for your blog post for giving a lot of information

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very nice write-up. I absolutely appreciate this website. Keep writing!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Its an amazing website, really enjoyed your articles. Helpful and interesting too.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I genuinely enjoy studying on this internet site, it contains fantastic articles.

    ReplyDelete