Wednesday, March 5, 2014

What's for Dinner? Cheesy Curry Rice!


            It shouldn't be a secret by now that I love rice and pasta dishes. I'm also a firm believer that cheese makes (just about) everything better. I know. I can't imagine why I'm overweight either! ;)
            I'm not a huge fan of meat in general, so I made my own take on curry rice. Simply:

-Cook your rice according to the directions.
-I also suggest adding some curry while your rice is still cooking. It makes it more flavorful in my opinion.
-Shred some cheddar cheese while your rice is cooking. (However much you want.)
-Add some more curry if you want/need to your rice once it's finished cooking.
-Mix in your cheese while your rice is still pipin' hot so it gets all melty smelty!

            Ok, ok. So this would probably be better as a side dish for something else, but....I'm a weirdo and like eating it on it's own. Can you believe I didn't discover the deliciousness of curry until I was pregnant?! (Yes, I totally tried the spicy food/curry trick to go into labor. No, it didn't work. lol)

What are your go-to meals when you're in a hurry or short on ingredients?

No comments:

Post a Comment