Thursday, September 12, 2013

Line Drying at Last!

Nothing like cute little Best Bottoms flapping in the breeze!

            Line/air drying our daughter's diapers is something that we've been meaning to do for awhile now. (I know. Add that to the long list of things we've been meaning to do for a long time that I mentioned a week or so ago.) Thank goodness for porches because pretty much all of the trees in our front and back yard are spaced out too far to hang a clothes line up, imo. Having them on the porch is just the right amount of room while being able to keep an eye on them too, aka making sure one of the cats (Halle, our black cat) doesn't mess with them and knock them down. 
            I have to admit, I wish we would have done this a lot sooner! Since we only have 8 covers (I know. Madness, right?) I have noticed quite a few of them are getting worn out a bit. Don't get me wrong. Best Bottom covers are great and great quality, but with only that many and taking into consideration how much we wash them, it was inevitable. So, besides hoping to save a little energy by not using the dryer as much, I have been wanting to do this in hopes that our covers will last longer too!
            I also decided to see how well the flannel inserts I made would dry outside the other day as well. These things take extra long to dry in the dryer, which drives me nuts! Maybe it's just me, but that seems like a lot of wasted energy! With it being so hot still here, I swear the flannel ones took half the time to dry outside as they do in the dryer! Yippee!
            Needless to say, I'm definitely going to start drying her diaper items outside more often. Do any of you line dry your diapers or clothes? What is your favorite things about doing it?

1 comment:

  1. If it's sunny, I dry my diapers outside on a drying rack. I like the energy savings and love that it gets poop stains put off my diapers. It's like magic! Plus I find hanging diapers up to be soothing. It's like a mini vacation for me.

    ReplyDelete