Sunday, September 8, 2013

DIY Toothpaste


            John and I have been tossing around the idea of making our own toothpaste for awhile. Add that to the list of many things that we keep meaning to do that would be a lot better for us, but don’t do it right away for whatever reason! Anyways, my husband found and made this recipe (Not sure where he got it or if he tweaked it. More than likely he tweaked it some.)
            For whatever reason, I had some reservations at first just because I’m weird about my teeth for some reason, even though they’re not the greatest. My husband convinced me when he said it made his feel cleaner using it than normal toothpaste. To be honest, I’ve only used it a few times, but I really did notice a difference after the first time. There is a particular spot on one of my bottom incisors that never feels clean after using store bought toothpaste, no matter how many times I brush. It actually felt clean after the first time using this homemade toothpaste, though!

What You’ll Need:
-baking soda
-salt
-tea tree oil
-small container

1)     You can use whatever size container you want, but a small one, like the size of a baby food jar, will work just fine. Fill it up ¾ of the way with baking soda.
2)     Fill it up the rest of the way (1/4) with salt.
3)     Add 4 or 5 drops of tea tree oil and mix everything together very well! (You don’t want to go overboard with the tea tree oil. Trust me!)

           That’s all there is to it! Just get your toothbrush wet and dab it into the “toothpaste”.

1 comment: