Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Birthday Preparations

            For not wanting to do anything big for Myka's 1st birthday, I feel like I've been doing an awful lot of planning way in advance. ha ha! To be fair, we really aren't doing anything spectacular as far as an actual party. The only family we have that lives even remotely close are my brother and sister in-law and their two kids, so I think we're just going to do pizza and cupcakes with them. If nothing else, our 4 year old niece will be pleased because she's got this idea that it's not a party without cake and pizza. lol We even had that when they came over after Myka was born! ha ha!
            Anyhow, did you go all out for your child(ren)s 1st birthday party or just do a little something at home? Personally, we don't plan on doing any "fun" parties until Myka gets old enough to remember them. However, with her birthday just a few weeks before Halloween and my husband and I being TOTAL Halloween fanatics, we are planning on taking some really cute pictures to commemorate both occasions!
            I go a little nuts when it comes to taking her pictures sometimes. Since I can just never bring myself to justify spending the money on professional pictures, I have fun picking outfits and props to use to take them myself instead! Plus the props can make good seasonal/holiday decorations afterward, or vice versa! I also like having the freedom to take them wherever and whenever is convenient! But yah, I can't wait to take and share her fall inspired and birthday outfit/Halloween costumes pics with friends and family! I just hope my little peapod gets to feeling better before this weekend (when I was planning on doing them) since she's got allergies or a cold going on. : (
            You may have also seen a few weeks ago that I was all worried about finding a healthier cake option for her birthday. Well, let's just say I'm a little relieved I don't have to worry about it now. I can't even get the little stinker to eat finger foods yet! lol Kind of nice not having to worry about it, but I'm also a little bummed she won't have a cake. My hubby did suggest doing a neopolitan mousse type thing instead, so that might be fun!
            It's hard to believe it's already been almost a year since Myka was born. It's true what everyone says about time going by quicker when you have kids! I can't wait to see what the coming years bring. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment