Tuesday, September 3, 2013

General Life Update

            I like staying on a personal basis with you guys and feel like I haven’t really written anything “personal” lately. Well, other than my adventures in babysitting. ; ) So, here’s an update on what’s been going on behind the scenes!
            Most recently and with the long weekend, I finally got around to experimenting/making samples of some bath and body products I want to try to sell sometime in the near future. I have to say, I was really disappointed that my diaper rash cream and eye cream didn’t set right. I attempted to fix them the day after I originally made them and the eye cream still kept separating and the rash cream still wouldn’t completely “solidify.” It wasn’t until my husband asked if the coconut oil ever reset (We had been keeping it in the warmest room in the house next to a window, like dumb butts.) that I realized what the problem was. -_- Lesson learned. We also learned the important lesson not to put fluid substances in the cheap little tins from Michael’s.
            On the bright side, my fizzy bath bombs turned out fantastic! Hubby even tried one last night and approved. Lol I just tried one out myself and they’re pretty fabulous, if I do say so myself! I’m also mostly pleased with my foot scrub. I’ve not used it on my feet yet, but it made my hands nice and smooth when I was rinsing it off!
            On a much less fun note (avert your eyes now if talking about “Aunt Flo” freaks you out), I’ve been having issues with my not so monthly visitor again. While I will admit it’s nice not having to deal with it every month, I know it’s not healthy and needs to be “fixed.” However, being the stubborn person that I am, especially when it comes to going to the doctor, I’m trying to “fix” it myself. Usually my “Aunt Flo regulating tea” works relatively quickly to get things going, but I have drank a cup once a day for 7 out of the last 8 days and still nothing. And NO, I’m NOT pregnant! Bite your tongue if that thought even crossed your mind! Lol
            So, I’m trying to decide whether to wait until my yearly appointment at the gyno, which is in November, or schedule one now. * sigh * It isn’t the first time it’s been messed up since I had Myka and certainly not since before I had her. I just wish I knew what the issue is, especially since I don’t want it to take us over 3 years to get pregnant the next time!

            Finally, not that I was happy with my weight by any means before, but I’ve decided recently that I’m REALLY tired of being overweight. I have plenty of reasons or motivation to get in better shape. My problem is willpower. It doesn’t help that I’m one of those people who “craves” junk food and sweets even more when I’m attempting to eat healthier. I know it’s a mental thing, but it’s still hard. I’m going to try to get into the whole Weight Watchers points thing. My husband said he lost like 65 pounds when he did it before we met! I’d love to try Nutrisystem since I know several people who have done really well with it. It’s all about making better choices at the store, I know, it just takes work! I’ll also be glad when cooler weather gets here so I can get out of this damn house more too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment