Thursday, September 10, 2015

Top 5 Reasons I'm Excited For Another Girl


             ...No matter how ridiculous the reasons. ;) Now, I know what you're thinking. If I read a title like this, I would get the impression the person writing the post was trying to convince him/herself more than anyone that they are happy about having another girl. I assure you, my enthusiasm is genuine. To be totally honest, I was actually kind of relieved our second baby is the same gender as the first once I really started thinking about it. Why?
  1. We already have all of the “girl stuff”. If you know me at all, you'll know that I am a big fan of gender neutrality. However, unless you're buying specialty clothing online, it would be damn near impossible to find enough clothing in stores to outfit a baby entirely in gender neutral colors, patterns, etc. Plus, and I've heard this from other people with girls, people tend to go especially ape shadoobie with the baby clothing if you're having a girl. So yah, we have enough girl clothes to cover twin or triplet babies. (Yes, I'll be getting rid of it as we go now that we know we are done with babies!)
  2. It takes care of our bedroom situation. Don't get me wrong. I love our new house, but it does kind of stink that there are only two bedrooms. It's extra interesting because one is huge and the other is tiny. But, now that we know we'll have two kids of the same gender, we can move them into the big bedroom once the baby starts sleeping through the night (which we had planned on anyways) and not have to worry about adding on to the house eventually.
  3. Girl names are way easier than boy names! For us, anyways. Like I said, I was convinced I was having a boy until our ultrasound. In all that time, we still hadn't really come up with a boy name either of us liked. Once we knew it was a girl, we had her name figured out by the end of the day. O.o Seriously. But, like I told my mom and my husband, maybe that's the reason we couldn't figure out a boys name: because she's not a boy! Lol
  4. I'm already used to girls. I always thought I would have more boys than girls, but honestly, now that we have Myka, I don't know what the hell I would do with a boy. Plus, unsurprisingly, she's turning out to be a bit of a tomboy. Besides Myka, we have two nieces who are a few years older than her, so I definitely have more experience with girls. And as much as I hate to admit it (again with the gender neutrality), I have found there are fundamental differences between boys and girls. Whether it's nature or nurture is another story. (Seriously though, why are most boys so hyper?!)
  5. *insert crickets chirping* What happened to number 5, you ask? Well, I was so worried that people would get their panties in a bunch over it that I decided to take it out completely. Have I mentioned that I don't like people arguing or confrontation? Sorry. I was just too lazy to change the picture and the title!

             If you have more than one kid of the same gender, were you happy or a little disappointed about it at first? How did you come to terms with it if you were disappointed?

No comments:

Post a Comment