Monday, October 30, 2017

Fall Theme Library Picks


            Hey folks! It's a little too close to Halloween to be sharing a Halloween-themed book list with you last minute (Or maybe it's not, but I'm just not that kind of blogger. ;). But, in case you haven't covered or finished your fall-themed lessons yet, I wanted to share with you some good books we discovered at our library for covering some fall-themed topics!


Patty's Pumpkin Patch

My 5 year old and I both like books that incorporate alphabet learning in a fun way. This is one such book. Plus, it covers what goes into raising a pumpkin patch and even what is going on in the pumpkin patch throughout the seasons.


Pumpkin Circle: The Story of a Garden

We are all about child-led learning, especially at this young age, so Myka directs what we learn about, for the most part. She said she wanted to learn about where pumpkins come from, so I knew this book would be perfect when I came across it! Storybooks are fun, but I love books that include real pictures, such as this one. The text is very straightforward and simple too.


Crinkleroot's Guide to Knowing the Trees

Have you heard of the Crinkleroot series? We only have one of the books so far, but I'm hoping to check more out soon. They are all about nature-related stuff! To be honest, we haven't looked at this one together yet, but I think it looks amazing. I made learning to identify trees one of my goals last fall, so it's kind of a little game I keep in the back of my head at all times, especially when we go on nature walks.


Why Do Leaves Change Color?

This one looks like it is full of great information as well, but (hopefully) easy enough for my 5 year old to understand. This was another subject she said she wanted to learn about, but I haven't been able to talk her into reading this book with me yet. * sigh * I did skim through it, though, and it looks like a good one for a willing listener. ;)


I Am a Leaf

Myka often likes to repeat me when we read together, so I thought it might be time to start getting the early reader-type books. If you have or have had a child close to my age, I'm sure you've already discovered just how boring some of these books can be since, you know, they're easy for us and very straightforward. However, this one was actually pretty fun! It's told from the perspective of a leaf, but included simple information about leaves and trees as well.


What are your favorite books to read to learn about fall?

Fab Friday Link Up

This Is How We Roll Thursday Party

2 comments:

  1. Lovely to find some good books to support nature at this time of year #FabFridayPost

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are interesting books. I have not heard of these before. I like the sound of I Am a Leaf. I'd love to read this my kids too. Thank you for linking up with us on #FabFridayPost

    ReplyDelete