Thursday, May 24, 2018

Stupid Easy Banana Bread Muffins


            Hey folks! I don't know about you, but I think banana bread and zucchini bread are a great treat any time of year. I've had a good recipe for banana bread for awhile. Trouble is, it seems like we always have trouble with the outside damn near burning, but the inside still being gooey. My 5 year old had the genius idea the other day to make them into muffins instead of the traditional bread. How obvious! So here it is, for your eating pleasure. :)

What You'll Need:

-3 or 4 bananas, smashed
-1/3 Cup butter, melted
-1 Cup sugar
-1 egg, beaten
-1 teaspoon vanilla extract
-1 teaspoon baking soda
-pinch of salt
-1 ½ Cup flour

Directions:

*Preheat oven to 350 F.

*With a wooden spoon (potato mashers work even better, if you have one!), mash bananas.

*Mix in butter.

*Add sugar, egg, and vanilla.

*Sprinkle the baking soda and salt over the mixture and mix in.

*Mix in flour last.

*Pour into sprayed or greased muffin pan. (I filled my cups more than I had planned to make all of the batter fit into one tray. Ha ha But they still turned out fine even filling them almost to the top!)

*Bake for at least 20 minutes. (Important note: PLEASE keep an eye on these the first time you make them. Ours only took 20 minutes, but our oven cooks things insanely quickly. I baked cinnamon apple cakes in it a few months ago for the first time since we moved to this house. My recipe said to bake them for an hour. It took them less than 30 minutes! Moral of the story: Your muffins will probably take longer than 20 minutes unless you also have a super charged oven. I apologize for not having an exact time!)

*Let cool and enjoy!


What is your favorite easy treat to make?
This Is How We Roll Thursday Party

No comments:

Post a Comment