Hey folks! I'm excited to say I just recently purchased my first soft-structured carrier! I thought it might be fun to share my initial thoughts on it and compare them to what I think about it in my review after I've been able to try it out for awhile.
- First of all, how cute is this? I love the print, especially with the nap hood attached. Plus, I like that it's not dark since we both get hot easily AND it's summer!
- There are lots of little “doo-dads”. For someone who's never really used a SSC, it's kind of overwhelming how many different buckles and straps there are.
- I like that there's a little pocket on the waistbelt...but I have a feeling I'll forget it's there.
- The straps on my mei tai are pretty thin, so I'm digging the cushy shoulder straps and waist belt!
- It seems to help take pressure off of my shoulders, compared to the mei tai, which I was hoping for.
- I'm having kind of a hard time figuring out how to get it adjusted just right. I'm hoping it's just because I'm not used to SSCs. Hopefully I'll make it to the monthly meeting for our local babywearing group this Sunday so someone with experience can help me out!
- The chest clip straps don't stay in place after taking it off and it's really annoying to have to fix each time I put it on.
- I'm not entirely convinced I will be able to clip the nap hood into place without help...which I guess is ok for now because Ripley HATES it...Which makes me sad because that was one of the reasons I wanted this. I think this is more of a “my arms don't move that way” than an issue with the carrier design, though. Ha ha
- Unless I position the carrier up high, Ripley hates the whole thing altogether too because she sits too far down for her liking. It's not like I've got a long torso either. I'm 5'3”, for God's sake.
- This kind of goes along with #6, but I'm having a really hard time getting the shoulder straps to where I don't feel like they're just going to slide off.
Be sure to stay tuned for my full review in a month or so! To learn more about JumpSac carriers in the mean time, be sure to visit their site.