Hey folks! I just love easy ways to live a little greener of a lifestyle, don't you? Today I'm sharing 5 reasons to consider one of my favorite ways to live a little greener: line drying your clothes (and cloth diapers)!
- It's cheaper to set up a clothesline than buying a dryer. You can be hillbillies like us and use cut limbs as poles, but I'm willing to bet that even if you use metal poles and cement, you'll still be saving a ton of money!
- Speaking of saving money, you'll be saving money by not paying for the electricity to run your dryer as well.
- It's eco-friendly. By not using your dryer as much, you're lessening your carbon footprint.
- Line drying helps take out stains. To be honest, this is the main reason I wanted to finish the other half of the drying line we had when we moved into this house. I've heard sunning cloth diapers is awesome for taking out stains and it is!
- Hanging clothes up to dry is oddly relaxing. Maybe it's just me. Sometimes it does feel like kind of a pita, but most of the time it's a nice, quiet break for me because Myka usually runs off and torments the chickens while I hang clothes.