Friday, May 20, 2016

2016 Flats & Handwashing Challenge Day 5: How We Make Flats Work


            Hey folks! Thanks for joining me again today for some more cloth diapering shenanigans. I've calmed down significantly since my angry post yesterday about washing, but let's just say I'm still glad this challenge is only a week long. ;)
            Today's topic is performance and technique; how we make flats work for us. While I'm not sure this is exactly what the prompt is referring to, I thought I would share our folding technique. If you're unfamiliar with flats, this is probably the easiest way to use them to start with. If you're deep into flat using territory, what we do is known as the boring old "pad fold". It's pretty straight forward and I've illustrated it below for all you newbs out there considering giving flats a try.

1) Lay your pieces out lengthwise. Fold both your full flat and half of a flat (I like to call them "makeshift doublers") in half.





2) Fold in half again.




3) Take your makeshift doubler (or the "halfsie", as I also like to call them) and line up one edge with the middle of the full folded flat.




4) Fold the full flat in half, making a sandwich of sorts.


            That's all there is to it! Stupid easy, right? There are all kinds of other fun folds out there you can try, but quite frankly, I'm lazy and this is easy. (Speaking of being lazy, sorry for the crummy photos. It was late, I was in a hurry, and I was tired. I know, I know. No excuses.)
            What is your favorite way to fold a flatfold diaper?

ethannevelyn

No comments:

Post a Comment