Thursday, April 9, 2015

Buncha Farmers Review


            Hey folks! I'm sure many of you are familiar with Buncha Farmers stain remover stick, but did you know they carry a whole array of natural products for yourself and your home? They even offer acne cream and pet shampoo! I recently had the chance to try out their popular stain remover as well as their lavender manuka honey soap and vanilla latte lip balm. Read on to find out what I thought of each!


            I'm willing to bet there are few people out there who don't enjoy the scent of lavender, which makes this soap a nice, relaxing way to start your day! I think my favorite thing about Buncha Farmers Manuka Honey Soaps (they also offer Lemongrass and Oatmeal) is that they are not artificially scented: They actually use essential oils! The manuka honey is an added bonus as it is supposed to be one of the most beneficial forms of honey as far as healing properties go.
            I really enjoyed this soap while I was able to use it. (I had previously thought I was only allergic to a certain brand of essential oil's lavender, but as it turns out, I just can't use lavender period any more. I get itchy!) It lathers up well and the scent is pleasant, but not overpowering, which I like. I'm not a fan of real strong perfume-y smells.
            I have to admit I'm not normally a lip balm fan (or fan of putting anything on my lips), but sometimes it's a necessity during the dry winter months. Buncha Farmers lip balms get the job done because they are full of moisturizing ingredients, including coconut oil and hempseed butter. Plus, the beeswax really helps it stay on your lips a lot longer than most commercial brands, which I like because I tend to drink a lot of water during the day. I don't want to have to be reapplying lip balm every half hour! It also smells fantastic. The only "hang up" I had with this lip balm is that it is on the firmer side, so doesn't spread as easily as some. But, that's always the reason it stays on your lips better. :)


            As weird as it sounds, I kind of had fun trying out the stain remover sticker. It was like a science experiment to see what it worked well on and what it didn't work on as well as I had hoped. For the most part, the only thing it didn't work as well as I had hoped on was some set in stains on my mama cloth. But that's ok. They've been there for several washes, so I wasn't expecting a miracle. ;) It does seem to help some with fresh stains.
            I also tried it out on this lovely grease stain (I guess you would call it that. It's from using an oily salve on my back to stop itching.) on the back of my shirt. As you can see in the picture below, it did really well on parts of it. While I thought I had covered it pretty good, I'm fairly convinced it was user and not product error that kept the rest of it from getting clean. I think I just need to scrub the heck out of it next time! It did, however, help quite a bit with arm pit stains. (I know. Ew, right? Have I mentioned I have a lot of really old shirts that I probably just need to toss?) Other than the items mentioned above, Buncha Farmers stain remover stick has also significantly brightened up some white wash rags of mine and I'm sure I'll find some more things to try it out on in the future.


            Be sure to visit Buncha Farmers website to see what all they have to offer or try out some of the products above for yourself. You can stay up-to-date with them on Twitter.

Disclaimer: Mixed Bag Mama received products in order to facilitate her review. No other compensation was received. All opinions expressed herein belong to Mixed Bag Mama and may differ from your own.

No comments:

Post a Comment