Monday, April 20, 2015

Trials and Tribulations: Making a Homestead Part 3


            Hey folks! Time for yet another update. I actually have happy news this time! I made the picture above several days ago before we got a phone call basically letting us know that we are a lot closer to closing on this place than we expected. So, it really should say "This IS it!"
            Things have been moving pretty fast, like I said. We first saw this house a little over two weeks ago, if I remember correctly. We put a bid on it two days later, went back and forth with counter offers a few times, unfortunately, now here we are a week later. We just need to send a few more documents to the loan guy and sign the inspection paperwork (John did his own inspection instead of hiring one since he knows his stuff) and we'll be ready to close! Crazy!


            To be honest, I'm still surprised we got this place in time. Like I mentioned in previous posts, houses have been flying off the market as soon as they're listed in the area we have been looking. On top of that, this place has 24 acres. Yes, you read that right. No, I didn't forget a decimal point between the 2 and 4! And it has a creek. And a pond. And lots of outbuildings. And a kitchen with more than 2 feet of counter space. And storage space. And a huge living room. And can you tell I'm really excited?!


            Needless to say, I'm very excited about getting on with our lives, because that's what it feels like. We don't plan on moving for a VERY long time after this. We have moved 6 times in 6 years and are VERY burnt out on the whole process! Other than that, we can't wait to get chickens again (which we should actually be able to do this year!), start a big garden, orchard, and more. Plus, even though we live in a really small town right now, we will both be super glad to not have close neighbors any more! John and I are respectively the late 20's/early 30's year old versions of the cratchety old man standing on his porch yelling, "Get off my lawn!" lol
            Anyways, to wrap up, hopefully the next time I have a homesteading update for you it will be for something fun, like chickens!

No comments:

Post a Comment