Friday, January 9, 2015

Blog Update: What's Coming in 2015?


            Hey folks! As I mentioned on my Facebook page, I have been doing a lot of thinking lately over what exactly I wanted to do with the blog this year, hence the crickets chirping so much around here for the past few weeks. After much deliberation and wishy-washy Charlie Browniness of going back and forth changing my mind, I finally have a plan for 2015. (I'm at least going to give it the old college try, anyways, and see how it goes. ;) )
            Mainly, there are going to be lots of changes. First of all, just as I expanded my scope some last year, I'm looking to incorporate some new things into the blog this year as well. Now I know that in general, as a blogger, it's good to have a main "theme" and stick with it. But personally, I get bored with that. I'm interested in TONS of different things and as such would like to share a little on all of them. My interests range from looking for natural remedies to playing computer games...and hiking, and reading, and doing crafts with Myka etc. etc. I can't be the only one out there who gets bored with having one central theme, right?
            This year I'd like to incorporate more kitchen-type stuff, such as product reviews, baked good recipes, easy meal ideas, and who knows what else. Don't get the wrong idea, though. I'm not going to turn into a recipe blog. I don't like cooking THAT much. ;)
            I'd also like to start doing more fitness-related reviews. I don't know about you, but I hate working out to dvds because I get bored with them quickly or can't follow them very well. I'm hoping to find something that works for me and keeps me interested this year for the times when getting outdoors for walks and hikes is not feasible! (Like right now!)
            I'm not for sure yet, but I may also include some gaming reviews, videos, not really sure what exactly yet! I know from a conversation on my Facebook page awhile ago that there are a lot more of you that play video and computer games in your spare time than I would have expected, so this aspect might be fun to include as I've been playing more games myself recently. Or, I may just start my own separate YouTube channel for this endeavor if I can figure out how to make videos. lol ;) (Have I mentioned I'm not the most technologically savvy person in the world?)
            Oh! I almost forgot! Since it is no secret we are kind of working on having a second baby, there will hopefully be more posts geared towards trying to conceive. It seems like most of my readers don't have a problem in that department, but I'm hoping some of you out there get some use out of these posts to come. :)
            The biggest change, though, is that I'm going to put "regular" posts on the back burner, somewhat, and focus more on product reviews and giveaways. To be perfectly frank here, while there is quite a bit more work that goes into reviews and especially giveaways, I find it easier to do these less often than regular posts, I'm running out of ideas to keep up a steady pace of regular posts, and I just enjoy doing product reviews.
            Also, I just don't enjoy writing regular posts like I used to. Again, to be real honest, I was getting so burnt out on trying to keep up with my goal of just 3 a week that I contemplated quitting blogging altogether before I came to this decision. Well, ok, there were lots of other factors pushing me towards quitting too, but let's not go there until I do decide to bite the blogging bullet for good. ;)
            I feel really good about coming to this juncture and hope you guys are as excited as I am! What change are you most looking forward to?

No comments:

Post a Comment