Monday, January 19, 2015

Birthday Goodies!


            Hey folks! My birthday was last week and I thought I would geek out with you about some goodies I bought with my birthday money. (Yes, I'm 28 years old and still get money from some family members occasionally on birthdays. Is that weird?)
            Something that a lot of people don't know about me is that I absolutely LOVE stores that carry bulk herbs. After we went out to eat and ran to the store for a few things last weekend, we decided to stop at a store called The Sunspot on the way home. We had been there a few times before we moved to Arkansas and it was ok, but it seemed like they had a lot more things that we are into now. (Or maybe we're just more into the things they've always carried than we used to be. Who knows!?)
            Anyways, John and I were both excited that they had a section for bulk herbs and loose leaf teas. (It was also nice for both of us to actually be able to look around because Myka was at Gigi's house!) Not that we buy herbs all the time, but they seemed very reasonably priced. We ended up getting some dong quai powder and muira puama (your guess on pronunciation is as good as mine) to use in my "Aunt Flo regulating tea". We were a little disappointed they were all out of the other one we use in it (damiana), but we have seen it popping up in more and more places AND we can always order some online, so we weren't too worried about it.
            I also got some Saint John's Wort to drink as a tea. In case you didn't read my posts on S.A.D., I have been taking D3 and using a Saint John's Wort supplement in my water daily to fight off the winter blues. I'm going to have to try out the tea some other time, though, because I just received a goody in the mail for review that contains Saint John's Wort as well and is specifically formulated to help with seasonal affective disorder symptoms!


            Speaking of tea...we went a little overboard and ordered some more online earlier last week. This is the first time we've tried tealyra, so I'm hoping they are good! As you can see in the picture, we opened the bags already and they smell really good! lol

            Do you use herbs in anything? Tea, homemade salves, etc? I'd love to hear about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment