Thursday, November 20, 2014

Easy Peasy Tuna Casserole


            Hey folks! It's not really a secret that I'm not a huge fan of cooking. It's never been my favorite and I have poor time management skills in the kitchen. Needless to say, I'm all about easy recipes. Tuna casserole is one of my (and John and Myka's!) favorites. If you're looking for something easy tonight, give this a try!

What You'll Need:
-small can of tuna of your choice
-egg noodles (regular sized bag)
-shredded cheddar cheese
-peas
-2-3 cans (normal size) cream of mushroom soup
-1 (regular sized) can of corn
-potato chips or crackers (optional)

1) In a large pot, boil enough water for your noodles and peas. I use half the bag of egg noodles and probably 1/2-1 cup of peas. (Not gonna lie. I eyeball a lot of stuff on this recipe.)
2) Once your water is close to boiling, add your peas. Once it is fully boiling, add your noodles. (This is only if you are using FROZEN peas, so they have a little more time to thaw and cook.)
3) Once your noodles and peas are finished cooking, drain the water and add them back to the pot. Add your cans of soup, corn (we use a regular sized can, which is probably still a little much for some people, but it really adds flavor!), and tuna. I also suggest adding a little of the cheese in at this time too. Mix together well.
4) I don't think it really matters what kind of pan you use, but I suggest a medium-sized rectangular casserole dish. Pour your mixture into the dish. Add some extra cheese on top (up to you how much cheese you like) and crumble some plain potato chips or Saltine or Ritz crackers on top if you like.
5) Bake in oven at 350 F for about 10 minutes or until cheese is melty.

(In case you're wondering why in the picture I made mine in a cake pan, we currently do not have an oven that works, so I used a cake pan to make mine in our toaster oven!)

No comments:

Post a Comment