Friday, November 7, 2014

Fun at Indoor Fort Building

            Hey folks! Myka and I went to a fun indoor fort building activity at one of the parks in our county Monday. We found out about it through one of the "mom groups" that I joined on Meetup.com. I really need to get over being shy around new people because I think I said maybe 5 sentences to any of the other adults there. I didn't even introduce myself to the other women who were clearly part of the group of moms meeting there. I know. Stupid.
            Myka seemed to have had fun, for the most part, and that's the most important thing. Unfortunately, I think she is going to take after my husband some when it comes to social situations. I may be shy and not be particularly fond of large groups or crowds, but he has straight up social anxiety. I've noticed lately when there are a lot of people around and lots going on, Myka tends to start spacing out, like it's too much for her brain to handle or something. Who knows? Maybe I just need to get her around kids more often.


            I wasn't really sure what to expect, exactly, since the program is called "indoor fort building"...but it is for 1-5 year olds. "How are kids that little going to build forts themselves?" I couldn't help but wonder. They already had everything set up, though, and there were TONS of toys and boxes to play and build with! I was happy with the age range too so I didn't have to worry as much about older kids not paying attention and running into Myka.


             Evidently I need to get the wings out I made for her Halloween costume last year. She wore these around for a good 10-15 minutes while she played.

No comments:

Post a Comment