Monday, April 21, 2014

Library Easter Egg Hunt Fun

            As I'm sure I've mentioned before, I just love our local library's children's department. They always have something special going on and not just for older kids! We recently had the chance to participate in their Easter egg hunt for children under 6.
            Personally, since my daughter is only 1 1/2, I liked that there was an age limit. Since it was for such young kids, they just tossed a bunch of eggs out onto the lawn next to the building. It wasn't a "hunt" so much as pick up your alotted amount of eggs, but it was still fun. Each kid was allowed to collect 15 eggs, most of which had candy and stickers inside with the occasional one that had a slip that allowed you to pick out a free book!
            I love nothing more than free books, so I was excited we found one of those slips! Even more of a bonus, I found a board book about The Itsy Bitsy Spider. That's one of Myka's new favorite things, so I had to get it, of course. :)
            We also went to the Baby Steps program right before the Easter egg hunt. You know how I'm always complaining I can't/don't make any friends here? Well, I finally met someone at the last one we went to who is normal and I actually get along with. lol She was there with her little boy too and I was REALLY glad Myka didn't scream, cry, and throw a fit every time he came within a 2 ft. radius of her this time. lol
We went in again after the Easter egg hunt and played with the Legos, trains, and doll house people for awhile. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment