Monday, April 28, 2014
Weight Loss Goals: Here We Go Again
Hey folks! It's time for another one of "those" posts. I know. I can hear you groaning already. If you've been around for awhile, you'll know this isn't the first (or even second) time I have brought up wanting to lose weight, planning on it, trying to get motivated to do so, blah blah blah. This time is different, though, I swear. (Please tell me I'm not the only one who has said this, even to just yourself, about a million times.) For the sake of argument, though, why do I think this time will be different?
For starters, the weather is nice more regularly now. I'm the type of person who doesn't enjoy doing a routine workout for a workout. I loathe gyms. I view the gym atmosphere as other people being able to see me sweat my fatass off and make a general ass of myself, not finding support in others like some people view it. Sorry. Just being honest. I'm the outdoorsy type. I like to do stuff I enjoy that doesn't feel like a boring old workout routine: hiking, walks with my daughter in the stroller, jogging, swimming, etc. With that being said, I'm a lot more motivated to get out and do those things with nicer weather.
Second, I already lost 5 pounds in the first week that I really started watching what I eat and getting out for walks more often. That's a really good motivator to want to stick with my current "plan". (Which is kind of half baked like a lot of my ideas. lol Whatever works.)
So, what is my "plan"? It's not the greatest, considering we are getting better about making meals instead of eating a lot of boxed crap, but
1) I have a bagel with cream cheese or a "meal replacement shake" and a banana in the morning.
2) For lunch I usually have a SmartOnes frozen meal and snack a bit on "munchies". (Usually flavored veggie straws. Yum yum!)
3) For dinner it's kind of a free for all. I told myself I could have whatever I want within reason for dinner.
4) For snacks I'll usually have a meal replacement shake, fruit, FiberOne bar (or something along those lines), or graham crackers. I flipping LOVE graham crackers. I have a bad habit of eating too many. I might need graham cracker rehab. lol
5) Also, I drink lots and lots of water, although that's nothing new. I've recently become an avid tea drinker, which I think is a good way to help get rid of toxins too.
There you have it. To keep this post relatively short (for me, anyways ;) ), I'll talk more about what really kicked my butt in gear and some snags I've already hit in my next post. Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear if you have any weight loss goals for this year too!
Posted by Mixed Bag Mama