Friday, February 8, 2013

Starting Over


    I think I will start off with the good news. I finally got a job! After 3 months and 4-5 interviews, I finally got one! Even better, it’s an EASY job. I feel like I deserve a little break/easy job after my previous one. I definitely admire and respect those of you who are full time, stay at home moms, but it is not for me. I’m one of those weirdos who actually ENJOYS working. I like being able to contribute to our monetary funds. Not working makes me feel like a “bum”, even though my husband and I both tell me that raising our daughter most definitely does not make me a bum! It’s just a silly feeling that I need to get over after working for the last 10 years. While I’m very excited to get out of the house by myself and interact with other adult people, I am absolutely DREADING finding a babysitter/daycare for Myka.
    Other than getting a job, this week has been…aggravating. Thank God I have 3 weeks to find a babysitter since it’s going to be like finding a needle in a haystack. I’m pretty sure my days and hours are going to be different each week, I’ll have to work Saturdays and Sundays most of the time, if not ALL, and I’d really like to find someone who doesn’t mind cloth diapering. Is it just me, or does that sound damn near impossible? Not to mention most day care centers have waiting lists if I can’t find a sitter for her at our house. :/
    Second, my W2’s for last year are floating around in mail hell as far as I know. One of my friends from my previous job called me earlier this week to let me know that she had received a reference call from the job I ended up getting. We got to talking about taxes and W2’s and she said she had gotten hers that day. Well, she lives in Texas now and I still live here in Arkansas, so I thought it was rather strange that she would get hers before me. It dawned on me the next day that my former boss had probably never updated my address when we bought our house last April. I tried to tell her/remind her at least 3-5 times my new address before I went on permanent maternity leave and would almost swear she actually changed it one time. So, I am not a very happy camper about that. As much fun as going to our old address and probably scaring someone to death by knocking and asking if they received any important looking mail me for sounds, I’d rather not. I tried texting my old boss earlier today to see if she could just make me a copy since I don’t actually need the official paper copy to do our taxes online and, surprise, surprise, she hasn’t gotten back with me. It’s like I told my husband, I know our taxes will get done eventually, but this is a major inconvenience, especially having to worry that someone could very well try to steal my identity with the information AND we have a lot of money coming back this year since we bought a house AND had a baby.
    Last, I have fallen off the exercise bandwagon…momentarily, at least. In case you read my previous post, my stupid neck problem is finally getting better, enough so to start working out again. I’m still frustrated that I had to take a week off because of it, though. I have every intention of starting again tomorrow…Unless of course I’m in the mood to clean. Gotta take advantage of that while it lasts! ;) I also had to give in and use my good ole Pantene on my hair yesterday. (I’m not going to lie. It felt wonderful.) Stupid me listened to my husband and tried to make a homemade conditioner with coconut oil. Big mistake. My hair was super clumpy and nasty/greasy looking; even worse than it was with just the shampoo. So now that I’ve got THAT worked out of my hair, I shall try with just the homemade shampoo tomorrow. * sigh *
    Oh. And did I mention that I haven’t received my replacement debit card (mine expires this month) in the mail yet? I need a hug. 

No comments:

Post a Comment