Thursday, June 29, 2017

Tex Mex Skillet Meal

tex mex skillet meal

             Hey folks! First off, I apologize for the crappy picture. Without fail, every time I think some new dish I come up with is going to be good, I try to take a decent photo of it...And the food itself usually ends up being mediocre. Every time I don't think to take a picture till the last minute, like today's recipe, it turns out really good! Anyways...
             I just love Tex Mex, don't you? It's easy to make and, I mean, there are lots of food groups in there: meat, dairy, veggies... ;) I hope you enjoy today's recipe as much as we did!

What You'll Need:

-1 lb. of beef
-16 oz. Diced canned tomatoes
-1/2 small can of green chiles
-1/2 small can of tomato paste
-1 C. of rice
-cheddar cheese
-sour cream
-taco seasoning
-tortilla chips


*Start boiling 2 cups of water for your rice.

*In separate pot, on medium heat, add together tomatoes, chiles, and about ½ tsp. of taco seasoning, stirring occasionally.

*Start browning meat with about a tablespoon (more or less, if desired) of taco seasoning.

*Add 1 cup of rice to boiling water. Cook until water is gone.

*Turn off heat on tomatoes and chiles. Stir in tomato paste.

*Add rice to cooked meat. Pour sauce over top. Mix well.

*Add desired amount of cheddar cheese, sour cream, and crushed tortilla chips.

This Is How We Roll Thursday Party
ethannevelyn.com

1 comment:

  1. This looks amazing and I'm guessing gluten free? I'm a coeliac but if I got gf tortilla chips then it'd be fine. #FabFridayPost

    ReplyDelete