Thursday, July 30, 2015

Reasons I'm Looking Forward to Moving

            Hey folks! Since we've been waiting to move for 3 months now, there's been a lot of "I'm going to enjoy *this* when we move" or "I'm not going to miss *this* at all" talk around here lately. So, I thought I'd make a list of things I'm looking forward to after we move, like I did when we moved from Arkansas back to Indiana. (You can find both of those posts here and here.)


1) I can't wait to have a decent sized kitchen again, with plenty of counter space and cabinets! Apartment kitchens are not made for families...or people who enjoy baking. (See above. There is only one other section of counter space.)
2) Having room for Myka to run around, inside and out. Hopefully this will keep her from driving me as crazy as well!
3) Peace and quiet! I hate living in towns, even if they're small ones. I don't enjoy listening to other people mowing their lawn or driving their big, redneck mudding trucks, etc. etc. #smalltownproblems
4) Being closer to a lot of parks. I miss hiking.
5) The closest mom group I found on meetup.com for where we're moving seems to do a lot more activities that Myka and I enjoy than the one here.
6) Being able to start school stuff with Myka again.
7) Being able to plant a garden and orchard!
8) Being able to start on the extensive to-do list I seem to be formulating in my head for after we move, like trying out a bunch of recipes for items we buy from the store often.
9) I'm REALLY looking forward to being able to use MY washer and dryer again. We have this monstrosity below in our apartment and it is THE worst washer/dryer ever! The dryer wouldn't be so bad if it didn't occasionally decide to try and eat our clothes. There is nothing good about the washer. I wouldn't even say it really washes the clothes, it's tiny as hell, and it stinks, even after we've tried to clean it and leave the door open while it's not in use. Have I mentioned that I really hate this thing?!


10) I'm sure I'm forgetting some things, but last, but not least, I'm looking forward to not moving again for a very, very long time!

No comments:

Post a Comment