Monday, September 15, 2014

Fall "To Do List"

 

            Wow! It's hard to believe that the official beginning of Fall is only a few days away! We had a VERY mild summer here in central Indiana, so I'm not very surprised that it's already feeling like fall with the cooler temperatures. In typical crazy Indiana weather fashion, we finally reached a few 90 degree days a week and a half ago, which promptly dropped off to 60's and 70's right after with even chillier nights!
            When looking over my summer to do list before starting on this one, I was actually kind of surprised that I got all but one of the things on it completed. To be honest, it's not that we didn't have time to go to the zoo, but the crime has gotten even worse in Indianapolis in the past few years. Personally, I would be more worried about going to the area The Children's Museum is than the zoo, but my mom was concerned about it, so we haven't been yet. Oh well. Zoos kind of depress me anyways, to tell the truth.
            So, what do we have planned for my absolute most favorite time of year? Probably a lot of the same things as you and your family do!

1) Get a new house! This is of the utmost importance. While grateful for having a place to stay during this transition period, I think we are all ready for us to get out of my parents house. 
2) Visit Stuckey Farm. I can't wait to not only pick some apples ourselves, but pick out some pumpkins from the patch, drink some fresh apple cider, etc!
3) Visit Connor Prairie for the Headless Horseman activities. Ok. So we may need to leave Myka home for this one. I went at least once when I was younger and it was so much fun! 
4) Decorate for fall...again, hopefully we'll have our own house by then to decorate!
5) Make fall crafts and do fall related activities with Myka.
6) Figure out Myka's Halloween costume and go trick-or-treating!
7) Enjoy a nice, big Thanksgiving dinner with my family! The small dinners while we were living away from family were a nice change for awhile, but I'm glad we live close enough to be able to go to the big holiday dinners again. :)

            What is your favorite thing about this time of year?

No comments:

Post a Comment