Thursday, April 26, 2018

Library Picks of the Week: Insect Edition


            Hey folks! To be totally honest, I've been kind of strapped for post ideas lately, so thought I would share another library pick post! Not that books aren't fun and important. ;)


Caterpillar Dance

What kid doesn't love butterflies? We have read this one several times already. Although it's kind of boring for me as the adult reader, I do like that it is so repetitive since that helps the kids remember the story. Plus, read it enough, and they will remember it and think they are reading it after awhile. ;) Not to mention my 5 year old could definitely use some practice in the memorizing department! It's also a fun book for little ones who are learning their colors...and the caterpillars are soft!


Oh my a Fly!

Both of the kids have enjoyed this book as well. How can you not with pop up pictures? Myka also likes the morbid sense of humor at the end. Can't imagine where she gets that...


Who am I? Insects

Are you seeing a theme here yet? To be fair, two of the books on our list this week did come from the Bugs early literacy bag from the library. This is a fun book about bugs to get kids thinking, made even more fun with pull out pictures!


Is Your Mama a Llama?

This was my personal favorite, though the kids seemed to like it too. I loved the rhyming and silliness. The kids enjoyed identifying the animals.


Have you read any of these books with your kids? What are your favorite recent library finds?
This Is How We Roll Thursday Party
ethannevelyn.com

4 comments:

  1. Oh I love how you've themed your picks! I love the library but have to admit that I'm terrible for forgetting to take the books back - I like to think I keep the library going with my fines :) Thanks for sharing on #FabFridayPost

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol At least it's money going to a worthwhile cause? ha ha

      Delete
  2. I haven't heard of these before. My little girl loves story reading. I think I will need to look into these the next time we are in the library. Thank you for sharing. x

    ReplyDelete