Thursday, August 27, 2015

Baby Update: It's a...

             Hey folks! It's hard to believe that I'm already halfway through this pregnancy! I think all of the waiting to move, actual moving, and settling in has made this one fly by.
We had our anatomy scan Wednesday which, I don't know about you, I always think is the most exciting part of pregnancy, other than actually having the baby! Everything is great with baby #2 so far and, other than getting to see our squirmy, but shy, little bean, we did find out that...


             Yep! We're having another girl! We were both surprised because I was convinced it was a boy, but we're definitely NOT disappointed and still excited. We honestly didn't care which gender it was, but I thought for sure it was a boy! I think I was most surprised because I'm usually right if I have those kinds of feelings about things. Ha ha


             Having another girl will make things so much easier, though. For us, girl names are way easier to choose from, we already have a bunch of girl clothes, and I'm already used to having a girl, amongst other reasons. Plus now we won't catch a bunch of crap for having them in the same bedroom. ;)
             I have to admit, however, I am having some bittersweet feelings now that I know this baby is a girl as well. Had this one been a boy, we probably would have had a third baby. John and I both agree that we don't want to “tempt fate” and possibly end up with three girls. Don't get me wrong. Two is fine, but I don't think I would have the patience for three, especially in the teenage years. O.o To be fair, I always said that I couldn't handle having three boys either.
             With that being said, I'm kind of sad that this will be the last time I'm pregnant. I told John yesterday that it seemed like it took forever to have Myka (a little over 3 years) and now all of a sudden I'm almost done with babies completely. What the heck?! How did that happen?
             Knock on wood, I'm also one of those weirdos who loves the baby stage because Myka was soooo easy. Therefore I'm also kind of sad that this will be the last time I get to enjoy baby snuggles and my little one not being able to get away from me yet. ;) But, who knows. This pregnancy has been so different than my first that I have a feeling this little girl will be quite different than her sister and she may end up making me thankful that I don't have to go through the baby stage again. Ha ha

When did you know you were done having babies? Or have you reached that point yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment