Thursday, September 18, 2014

Maybe Baby?

 

 *Warning: TMI alert in areas.

           I've said it before and I'll say it again: There are not many things worse than waiting to find out if you're pregnant, whether you are wanting a baby or not. I am not exactly the most patient person in the world either. I usually try really hard to not get my hopes up when I think I might be or am hoping I'm pregnant, but for once I would be more surprised if I weren't.
            It's still too early to tell, but I have had several "universal" symptoms and some that I had when I was pregnant with Myka. It started out with some very localized pains on the right side of my abdomen the middle of last week. It's not really a stabbing pain, but it's not a constant dull ache either. For some reason, it makes me think of Rudolph's nose lighting up. lol It's off and on for short bursts and radiates outwards.
            I've also been a lot hungrier than normal...A LOT. Even if I get the munchies before my period starts, it's never this bad. I get hungry like this a lot of the time when I ovulate, but I'm pretty sure I already did that. Surely I didn't do it twice at different times. That wouldbe weird or impossible, right?
            We were out of town all weekend, running all over the state of Indiana it felt like looking at houses, but I still noticed I was having a lot more *ahem* discharge than normal. I had that with Myka too and looked it up to double check and it does seem to be a common symptom after implantation. Again, I don't think (and hope) it wasn't from ovulating, because I'm almost positive I already did earlier last month.
            I have also had a few days where I feel like I'm coming down with a cold, but I never get sick. I'll get a scratchy, raw feeling throat and feel a little more tired than usual, but feel better in the next day or two. Who knows. Maybe sleep deprivation and stress are finally catching up to me and I will get sick this time. But, I mention this symptom because I felt like this before I found out I was pregnant with Myka too...And thought it was kind of amusing afterwards. I wasn't sick. I was coming down with pregnancy! lol
            I have to admit I got impatient and "wasted" a pregnancy test today. I knew better since I was supposed to get my period today (the 15th), but I couldn't help myself. I'm going to try and resist the urge for 2 more weeks. That's how long it took to get a positive one with Myka. (I'd also just like to add, are those "Results up to 5 days sooner" tests just b.s. or what? Does anyone actually get accurate results from those things? Because I sure as hell never have!) On the bright side, I had what looked like implantation bleeding once during a bathroom visit. I'll leave it at that. Let's not go into details this time. lol
           So, now that I have shared with the world the crazy that only women who are anxiously awaiting good baby news understand, what do you think? What kind of symptoms did you experience with early pregnancy? Have any of you recently found out you're expecting a baby?

No comments:

Post a Comment