Friday, June 13, 2014

Moving Update 6/13

It has been SO NICE being able to pack at a leisurely pace this time! Also, it's a good thing we have a big bedroom. lol

            It's time for yet another moving update. Sorry. It's pretty much been all that's on my mind lately. Well, that and selling this house. We haven't even had anyone come look at it yet. But, it has only been on the market for a few weeks and the kids should just now be out of school. Still. Bah humbug!
            Once it dawned on us that, "Hey, this isn't going to be as easy as it sounds since we OWN a house now and will still be stuck with all of the bills until it sells." we've kind of been putting off trying to come up with a better plan for a week or so. The scenarios we did come up with, well, no one plan is really better than the other. They all kind of suck. So I've felt a bit like Charlie Brown (wishy-washy) going back and forth between which one would be best. "Of all the Charlie Browns, you're the Charlie Browniest!"
            Anyways, we finally decided last night the idea John brought up a few weeks ago that I hadn't even thought of will probably be the best way to do things for us. What does that entail? Well, it means Myka and I will be moving and staying with my parents and leaving John behind for awhile. Crappy, right? Since this really is our best option financially, that should tell you how crappy the other two options were.
            Of course it's going to suck being apart from my husband and Myka is such a daddy's girl that I'm worried about how it will affect her as well. I'm hoping that with skype and all of our family fighting over who gets to watch her while I'm job hunting/working, she won't notice too much. Some of you might think we're crazy or terrible parents for voluntarily splitting up temporarily, but we really are scraping the bottom of the barrel here financially. This is our safest option financially.
            Like John and I were talking about last night, things aren't as easy this time with this big of a move. When we moved to Arkansas over 4 years ago, we had the "luxury" of still having unemployment funds and only us to worry about. Now we solely rely on John's paycheck and have another human being to take care of. The game has changed. (Tron Legacy, anyone?)

            I have to admit, I am looking forward to going back to work for the most part. I'm worried about how Myka will react at first, but I think she'll be fine. She likes her Gigi and Aunty M. ;) I'm sure there will be other relatives watching her from time to time too. I think it will do us both some good to get away from each other for a few hours out of the day. (I know it will me, anyways, as terrible as that sounds!) I love her, of course, but her "toddlerness" drives me bat shadoobie crazy some days!
            While I know it's necessary, I'm both sad and relieved that someone is coming to buy our chickens tomorrow. :( But, like John said, it was a good learning experience and we'll have some again another time.
"Hey. Whatcha doin' there with that bright, flashy thing again?"
Goodbye, chickens. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment