Diaper Pre-Wash Solution
What you'll need:
-blue liquid Dawn dishwashing detergent
-pot for boiling
-container for solution
1) Fill the container you are going to use to store your solution up with water, but leave about a cups worth out.
2) Pour water into pot, adding 1/2 Cup of borax and 1/2 Cup of washing soda.
3) Heat until borax and washing soda are dissolved. Be sure to stir it every now and then to help it dissolve.
4) While you're waiting for the dry ingredients to dissolve in the water, add a tsp. to a Tbsp. of Dawn to the container you will be using for storage.
5) Add the dissolved liquid mixture back into the container with Dawn.
6) If need be, add more water to fill to the top.
7) Give it a good shake to incorporate the Dawn.
Pretty simple, right? My favorite thing about this is that the Dawn actually helps to strip the diapers! So, in theory, you shouldn't have to do it to all of them as often if you use this. Also, feel free to use this however you like, but we use ours as more of a "spot treater" on the doody part of the pre-folds. I don't know why it wouldn't be safe on other diapers, but if you're worried I would try a little spot first to make sure it doesn't damage your diapers somehow. Again, though, I don't know why it would. We actually use washing soda and borax together to wash her diapers with, so you should be safe with all diapers unless they state otherwise!
You can use whatever kind of container you like, but old ketchup bottles work great!