Thursday, June 4, 2015

My Oil Gear Review


            Hey folks! I know many of you like using essential oils, whether it be for remedies for common ailments, aromatherapy, used in homemade bath products, or something else. However, do you ever find yourself wondering where you could find special bottles and containers just for your homemade essential oil concoctions? If so, I have just the site you've been looking for!
            My Oil Gear is designed for just that: to provide you with all the gear you could need to use with your essential oils! They have a great line of glassware, including spray bottles, roll ons, and vials with droppers, as well as accessories such as pipettes, lip balm containers, and labels. And, if DIY products aren't your thing, they offer a variety of diffusers as well. Last, but not least, and probably most importantly, yes, their prices are affordable!


            As you can see in the picture above, we've already gotten busy putting some of our new containers to the test. Myka loves helping and using the cleaning spray and, since we make our own that's not full of yucky chemicals, I'm happy to let her! This bottle is the perfect size for her too since it is small and she can actually get her tiny hand to work the trigger. I had a really bad headache Sunday and part of Monday earlier this week. So, for one of the roll-on bottles I decided to mix up some headache relief, which just consisted of cedarwood and lavender essential oils and a carrier oil. I've only used it once, but it seemed to help!


            I think my husband was getting a little jealous that I was mixing up a bunch of fun stuff with our review samples, so he asked if he could play with one. ha ha He ended up making a room spray in the smaller mister. (The one you can't read the label to, surprise, surprise. ha!) I was kind of surprised since we never use stuff like that. Last, but not least, I am trying out some bug repellent on the end. I like simple, so it is just water, witch hazel, citronella, cedarwood, and tea tree oils. We make a citronella and cedarwood dog wash when our Etsy shop is up and running and it seems to work well for keeping bugs away. That's why I chose those specific oils.
            Speaking of our Etsy store, while I've not found a purpose for the little tiny sample bottles shown in the first picture yet, they would make great salve samples when we finally get around to making them! You could also do like my husband's cousin did and make up sample essential oil blends for your friends and family. (She made a sleepy time one for me to use on Myka!) The possibilities are endless!
            Even though we just started using them, the quality of all of the containers seems really good. Even with Myka's cleaner being in a glass bottle, it seems like very thick, sturdy glass, so I'm not too concerned about her dropping it and breaking it. The roll-on tops seemed to fit in a lot more snugly too than a previous one I had purchased elsewhere. Overall so far, we're impressed!
            So, what are you waiting for? Head over to My Oil Gear and start experimenting with your own essential oil concoctions! You can also stay up-to-date with them on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest.

No comments:

Post a Comment