Friday, November 8, 2013

Getting in Shape...(Part 1)

            I am pretty much constantly trying to get motivated to get in shape. It’s not that I don’t want to lose weight. I’m just lazy and hate working out to the same video over and over at home or going the gym membership route. I like doing outdoorsy things, like hiking and swimming which, unfortunately, also depend on the weather.
            My biggest problem, though, is food. I wouldn’t say I overeat (not much, anyways), but I am really bad about eating crap. I love chips, crackers, pasta, that sort of thing. You know: Carbs, carbs, and more CARBS! And not the good kind, of course.
            I have to say, I am pretty proud of myself for cutting WAY back on pasta over the past several months. Now, when I talk about pasta I am talking about my guilty pleasures: Mac n’ Cheese and those deliciously awful pasta sides bags from Lipton. I could eat one of those every day, but I don’t! In fact, I only have one of those things a week now, sometimes not even that often. If I don’t buy them I can’t eat them, right?
            My husband and I have also cut back significantly on pop. (Yes, POP. I am from Indiana. :P) I can’t even tell you how many 2 liters we used to go through each week. We will still get a 20 oz. bottle of Mellow Yellow or Diet Mt. Dew every now and then if we’re really wanting some, but we mostly stick to water now. Admittedly we still cheat and use those nifty flavored water mixes that contain caffeine, but they’re sugar free if I remember right. I usually only use 2/day and drink plain water the rest of the day if that makes it any better. ;)
            One more note on the water/pop thing. I have found out first-hand that what people say about pop making you feel bloated is SO TRUE! I feel SO much better not drinking pop all the time. I no longer feel like the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man. Lol
            Other than these minor things we’ve started doing in the past several month, (which, btw, I’ve already lost 10 pounds…unfortunately I haven’t lost any more in a month. -_-) I recently found something that has really helped me to get even more motivated to lose weight. It’s kind of nuts in a way. In fact, I think I might be certifiably crazy for even entertaining the idea. Myka just turned 1 less than a month ago, for God’s sake! Yes, I have found that getting in shape to have another baby has been great motivation!
            Originally, John and I agreed that we wanted to wait a few years/until Myka was potty trained before we had another one. Lately, though, I am starting to understand the perks people have given me in the past of having children close in age. For instance, diapers. I’m getting to a point where I’m sick of diapers. Do I really want to prolong this period? No. Not that John or I are old by any means, but we’re not getting any younger either, as they say. As long as it took us to have Myka, time is of the essence.
            So, my goal is to lose at least 50 pounds in the next 6 months. Who knows? I may change my mind by then and decide I still want to wait a bit longer to have another baby. Either way, hopefully I will be a lot healthier by then!

No comments:

Post a Comment