Wednesday, May 21, 2014

"Sky1-Foundation" Adult Fiction Book Review

Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial. 



            Hey folks! I finally have an adult fiction novel to share with you today! As much as I enjoyed reading the YA books I've recently reviewed, it was nice to read something a bit more, er, age appropriate, shall we say. :)
            Normally I try to steer clear of series books because, well, then you're compelled to read ALL of them. However, when I came across the opportunity to review Sky1-Foundation, I couldn't resist. I've recently become very interested in post-apocalyptic movies and stories, so this sounded like it would be right up my alley!
            Nick Burke lives in a future world where living quarters are cramped, disease spreads quickly, and people are constantly struggling to move to a higher Ground than their own. In this future, you see, people don't live spread across the face of the Earth, they live above it in a giant structure that reaches skyward, complete with fake atmospheres. The higher the Ground is from the bottom, the better living conditions are as well.
            Nick finds out about an eminent quarantine for "malady unknown" on the Ground he, his wife, and son live in. However, Nick has come across some things in his career as a journalist that most people wouldn't believe...and would probably get him killed if he shared the knowledge with the public. He knows the horrors of what can really happen in a quarantine and, with the help of some acquaintances and friends, races against the clock to get his family to a safer ground before it's too late.
            First of all, I have to admit this book wasn't at all what I expected...At least the first 3/4 of it, anyways. I was expecting more of a "run for your life and get out alive" type of plot, which it is later on in the book. The first portion of the book is more like a heist story, though, which isn't my cup of tea. If it is yours, though, then you'll love it.
            I also had a hard time following the story and some of the actions that were going on at times. But, it may just be me. Perhaps my imagination wasn't firing on all cylinders.
            Overall, I did enjoy Sky1-Foundation and I have a feeling that the 2nd and 3rd books are even better! There are all kinds of different twists going on and I can't wait to see how they come together and find out more about how the place they live in came to be. Plus, I was majorly surprised by how the first book ended, so I'm eager to see how the second one starts.
            Be sure to check out the author's page on Amazon HERE to learn more about William Amerman and his books. You can also find him on Goodreads.

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment